The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
I am quite the avid movie watcher and I have to say this movie has got to be one of the best I have ever seen. Now I haven't read the book and I am sure it doesn't follow the book very well. After all most movies that go from book to film don't follow the book well at all.
I went in this film knowing a little about the Boleyn girls aside from the what my history teacher taught me about all six of Henry VIII wives. I must say memorizing all six names for that test came in handy and helped me draw some connections.
This movie was almost perfectly casted. Natalie Portman did a stunning job as Anne Boleyn and I hope to see she gets recognized for this role. Scarlett Johansson did a great job as well and really gives you a different perspective on Anne Boleyn while this movie portrays Mary as more of the innocent younger sister. While Natalie plays Anne to seem cruel and evil, in a way that I would have maybe never pictured Anne. Jim Sturgess, a rising star since Across the Universe, nailed his role. He is one to watch in the future as he shows undeniable talent. His chemistry between his character George Boleyn and sister Anne was amazingly good and believable. Seeing his character, George being dragged to be executed tore at my heart and made me cry as well as Anne's. I don't think that I have ever fallen in love with characters in a movie more till I saw this movie. Eric Bana also did a great job, however I think he could have captured the character of Henry VIII a little better. In all the history books, he seemed like such a ladies man and yet so incredibly evil. Which in some sense he captured but I still think he could have done better. The love scenes were done very tastefully showed the passion and didn't really show anything offensive.
Over all I think this movie was very good. I highly recommend it to anyone. Some say that it was a poorly penned script but I think that it was beautifully written capturing the heart of each character. Some say that it sped to quickly through some parts, I somewhat agree, but come on you can't keep the audience watching forever. The actors and actresses were almost perfectly cast, each excelled in their role. Overall a great movie.
More Info
Movie
Movie Trailer
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Amazingly Good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment