Friday, May 2, 2008

A great fantasy epic!

10,000 BC

I just saw 10,000 B.C. with friends of mine today. It was really good. It had great cinematography, special effects, and action sequences. The story was good, not Oscar material, but still pretty good. The acting was fairly good too. Some of the dialogue was very clichéd, and characters make some weird and dumb decisions (like freeing a saber tooth tiger, and hoping it doesn't eat you afterwords).

But overall it was a fun action movie that I recommend. But if a science teacher tells you to write a report about life 10,000 years ago do not base your facts on what this movie says. This movie is not historically accurate. For instance a man pretending to be God has Wooly Mammoths work in the desert to create the pyramids. That is not realistic at all.

But I like the fact that its not accurate. It makes the film more fun and less boring. This actually is more of a fantasy than a historical film, because of all of the far fetched ideas.

So I say this movie is worth your ticket. I actually think you should see it in theaters, because its neat to see some of the shots on a big screen. This would be so cool on IMAX.

More info

Movie

Movie Trailer

No comments: