Saturday, October 18, 2008

Max Payne delivers!

Max Payne (2008)

This film is, by far, one of the best video game adaptations that I've seen in a long time. Like the game, the film is dark, action packed and filled with lots of story.

Mark Walhberg is phenomenal on screen as Max Payne and completely owns the role; the studio execs couldn't have picked a better suited actor! All the rest of the characters are well cast and contribute to making this such a fun film. Also Mila Kunis does a good job playing Mona Sax.

The director did an excellent job of directing all the scenes, but he really earns credit for making several scenes and locations of the film extremely identical to the game.

Those who haven't seen or played the game Max Payne will probably not like, appreciate or even understand this film or it's artistic style; it's dark and very nitty, gritty.

Now normally I have some kind of nitpicking and complaining about just about any film I review, but I am at a loss of negative things to say about this film.

Stunning visuals, great acting, an interesting and dark story all add up to a very well earned and well deserved 10/10. This Max Payne film delivers!

More Info

Movie 'cam'

Max Payne Trailer

No comments: