Tropic Thunder (2008)
I have no clue where to begin with this review. This movie is one of the most off the wall movies I have seen in years, yet it does have a plot, and a lot of humor mixed in.
Without spoiling things, the beginning is very creative, and nothing that you would expect. Once past that, we get into the crux of the movie. Speedman (Ben Stiller) and his crew are in Vietnam, working on a movie based on the book "Tropic Thunder" and the director and author of the book are on set the entire time. During one particular scene, Speedman is really fed up with his crew, and wants to do his own thing. So, the crew goes back to where they were dropped off, and Speedman does his own thing. Speedman gets captured by a group of people and the crew through getting lost eventually figure out, we are in a movie and have to follow the script they had to find Speedman.
There are so many laughs in this movie, some of it was over the top, but some of it was almost crying laughing. Jack Black plays his usual comedic self, but Robert Downey Jr. does a great job with what his character is. Downey had a lot to deal with, and when you see the movie, you will know what I mean.
Some of the music was placed where you wouldn't expect was funny too, some of it original, some of it songs you have heard before. I had not seen the trailer prior to this, which may be a good thing because I am not sure I would have laughed as much. I am very close to saying pay full price for this, but very little of the humor wasn't funny.
Movie
Tropic Thunder Trailer
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Tropic Thunder - Very funny movie, slightly over the top humor
Labels:
Action | Adventure | Comedy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment