Monday, November 2, 2009

I had such a good time watching The Hangover

The Hangover (2009)

The classical stag-party has always been a popular subject in sexual comedies.The Hangover makes an innovative twist setting the story on the day after the bachelor party.The result is an excellent comedy which made me have a great time.

The Hangover resulted to be much better than what I expected because of its sober tone and ingenious screenplay,which exaggerates enough to making us laugh,at the same time it tells us a very interesting story which is well structured.I like to finally see a comedy which does not forget to endorsing the laughs with a solid story.The movie uses elements we have seen on other comedies (like the prostitute with a good heart or the expensive car of the father-in-law they have to take special care) but they are used on a natural way,and they are well implemented to the story.



But I think the best element from this movie is the brilliant cast.Director Todd Phillips made the good decision of selecting a solid cast with excellent instincts for comedy.I also appreciated the fact that the actors are not Hollywood stars,because that makes the situations from the movie more realistic.It would have been very easy (and commercially less risky) to hire Vince Vaughn,Owen Wilson,Ben Stiller or Dane Cook,but I really appreciate Phillips did not fall on that trap,because if he did that,the situations portrayed in The Hangover would not have felt so real.

I also appreciated that besides all the rudeness from the jokes,The Hangover has good moments of human warmth and friendship.I took an enormous surprise with this brilliant comedy,and I gave it a very enthusiastic recommendation to anyone who wants to have a memorable and hugely funny time.

stagevu lommboo playmivid

Movie Trailer

No comments: